In Huntley 158:
Per Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order on Wednesday, August 4, Huntley 158 will begin the 2021-22 school year with universal masking for all students and staff. The tiered system outlined below details the levels of mitigation strategies that will be used throughout the 2021-22 school year in the event the mask mandate is lifted. Those mitigation strategies include:
- Universal masking will be required for all Huntley 158 schools until infection rates decline, pursuant to the most up to date CDC, IDPH & ISBE guidance.
- Physical distance of at least 3 feet will be maintained in classrooms and to the greatest extent possible in common spaces.
- SHIELD COVID-19 saliva testing will be available for students and staff on a voluntary basis. Testing can prevent periods of quarantine and contribute to the removal of mitigation strategies.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available in all classrooms and in common spaces. Proper hand hygiene is encouraged of all students and staff.
- Nightly cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces will continue and be completed in all buildings. Additional custodial staff has been maintained to ensure a healthy learning environment in our buildings.
- Symptom self-certification is no longer required. Students and staff are expected and encouraged to stay home if they feel sick and/or visit the nurse if symptoms occur during the school day and report any COVID symptoms.
- Enhanced filters have been added to HVAC system designed to capture microbes as they flow through system for cleaner air output.
- The District will transition between mitigation measures using this framework. Changes in mitigations will be communicated to families as they are made.
- Decisions to remove prevention strategies will be based on data supported by science in consultation with MCDH.
- Mitigations will be removed one at a time and monitored for a period of time before taking additional action to monitor impact.
- If community transmission is low and transmission is NOT occurring in schools, removal of mitigations will be considered.
Masking in Schools