This message was sent to middle and high school families on June 22, 2021
The Illinois Department of Public Health has communicated updated guidelines to schools in regard to participation in youth and high school sports, and their athletic camps and activities during summer 2021. Accordingly, the following guidelines are being enacted at Huntley 158 schools, effective immediately:
- Participants no longer need to wear a mask while practicing outdoors
- Participants who have submitted verification that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no longer need to wear a mask while practicing indoors or outdoors.
- Those who have not submitted verification of being fully vaccinated will continue to wear masks while indoors.
To submit verification of being fully vaccinated, families should email to firstname.lastname@example.org a scan or photo of the COVID-19 vaccination card issued to the student by the clinic or healthcare provider that administered the vaccine. Please note:
- The submitted image must be legible and clearly indicate the participant’s name and the dates that the immunization doses were administered
- A participant will be considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after receiving the second dose of the vaccine
- The scan/image may be submitted any time after the second dose is administered. However, a participant will be required to mask indoors until 2 weeks after the second dose is administered.
Vaccine Availability and Information
As of June 22, 2021:
- Children aged 12 and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
- The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine consists of two doses, administered 3 weeks (21 days) apart
- The vaccine is available from the McHenry County Department of Health as well as healthcare providers and retail pharmacies in McHenry County. Visit the MCDH website for more information about the vaccine and available locations.