Congratulations to the school winners of our 2017 Young Authors competition. In addition, we thank all of the community volunteers who lent their time to serve as judges for the contest.
All winners will be recognized at the April 20 Board of Education meeting. They also are encouraged to attend the 43rd Annual Young Authors Conference on May 20th at Illinois State University.
- Leggee (K-2) – Cara Murphy and Alexia Manuel – The Two Good Friends
- Leggee (3-5) – Faith Rasmussen – The Winter Cat Soul
- Conley (3-5) Isabella Wasniewski – The Magical Rainbow Path
- Mackeben (K-2) Victoria Hristov – Who Got Their Fingernails Painted?
- Chesak (K-2)- Trent Vanyzendoorn – Fire Dog, Spot Dog
- Martin (3-5)- Peyton Bellenie – Narissa’s Whales
- Heineman (6-8) – Kate Rogala – Silver Hearts
- Marlowe (6-8) – Ellie Armstrong – Don’t Play with Fire