When can I register?
- Pre-registration will begin March 3, 2017 at 8am.
What if the class if full when I register?
If the class if full, sign up for the waiting list through the Google form Your student will be registered in the next available spot if an opening becomes available or if we are able to add sections. You will be contacted as soon as we have an available spot for your student.
Is transportation available?
- Yes, transportation can be purchased for $55 per 4 week session
- The deadline for transportation is May 26th.
- Bus service runs at 8 a.m. and Noon only
- There is NO 10 a.m. Bus.
Can anyone take Driver’s Education?
- Students must be at least an incoming sophomore. They are unable to obtain their permit until they turn 15.
- Students may not enroll in Drivers Education if they have failed more than 1 class the semester prior to their enrollment.
What about Behind the Wheel?
- Driver’s Ed and Behind the Wheel will be offered together and must be taken during the same session.
- Once you register through the Web Store, you will select a time for Behind the Wheel using the link provided in the Web Store.
- Students will sign up for a 2 hour session between the hours of 6 am – 4 pm. (This is on a first-come first-served basis.)
- There will be 7 days of Behind the Wheel.
- Students taking the 1st session of Driver’s Ed will sign up for Behind the Wheel June 12th – 21st or June 26 – July 6th (no driving on July 4th).
- Students taking the 2nd session of Driver’s Ed will sign up for Behind the Wheel July 17th – July 26th or July 31st – August 9th.
- Must be a rising Sophomore and have passed at least 8 classes the previous 2 semesters
- Must be 15 before the start date of the course
- Graduation Requirement (may be taken at outside location and qualify for graduation requirement)
How will my child get their permit?
- The first week of the session, students will bring a check for $20 made out to the Secretary of State
- The vision test and permit applications will be filled out at school
- The Driver’s Ed Coordinator will take the applications to the state and return the permits to the child
How many classes can I miss?
- Per state law, you may ONLY miss 1 class of Drivers Education
- Time missed due to tardies counts towards the absence
- Classes CANNOT be made up during another session
All Other Classes
- Students may only miss 2 classes
- Students must attend all in-class days.
My child has an IEP. Will Special Education support be available?
Yes, a Special Education Resource Teacher is available both sessions to provide support.
- Test Read Aloud
- Tests in Alternate setting
Are Refunds Given?
- Refunds can only be given before the session begins
- No refunds will be given after the start date of the session
What if I qualify for a fee waiver?
- Contact Danyce Letkewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 659-6505.