Where do I register?
Come to the District 158 Administrative Office located at 650 Academic Drive, Algonquin, IL 60102.
Please contact the Registration Department at (847) 659-6147 to schedule an appointment.
How do I register my student?
2017-2018 Registration Requirements
Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2017
Unless eligible for rights under the McKinney-Vento Act for homeless students, the following documents are required to enroll/register your student:
- Official Birth Certificate – NOT A HOSPITAL CERTIFICATE (Available from office in county where child was born) Where do I obtain a birth certificate?
- Proof of Residency:
Category I - Home Ownership
Category II - Rental
- Name and address of the previous school your child attended
- Student IL Transfer Form – this will be provided by the school you are transferring from
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers (other than parents)
- Proof of guardianship if child is not living with birth parents
- Physical and Immunization record is required for all new students and for all Kindergarten, 6th and 9th grade students
- A dental examination is required for ALL Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grade students
- A high school transcript must be provided for ALL 10th, 11th and 12th grade students
- Registration fee to be paid at the time of registration (check, cash or Visa/MasterCard)
- Vision exam
- MAP testing for reading and math for K-9th Grade.
Unless eligible for rights under the McKinney-Vento Act for homeless students, registration fees are required. View current registration fees »
What School will my child attend?
You can use the District’s Address Lookup tool to determine which school your child will attend. Please read about the boundary changes being implemented beginning in 2015-2016. Please note that the lookup tool is for informational purposes only and does not represent the official boundary determinations of the District.
To confirm which school your child will attend, contact the Registration Office at (847) 659-6147 or the District 158 Transportation Department at (847) 659-3000.
*First Day Exclusion Policy
It is a requirement that all new students have a physical exam form on file with their school prior to the first day of school. If the child’s physical is not submitted prior to the first day, the child will not be allowed to begin school.
Prior to submitting your child’s completed medical forms, parents are advised to make a photocopy for their records as copies will not be made at the schools or District Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the District 158 Registration Office at (847) 659-6147 or by email at email@example.com.