2016-2017 Registration Requirements
Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2016
Unless eligible for rights under the McKinney-Vento Act for homeless students, the following documents are required to enroll/register your student:
- Official Birth Certificate – NOT A HOSPITAL CERTIFICATE (Available from office in county where child was born.) Where do I obtain a birth certificate?
- Proof of Residency:
Category I - Home Ownership
Category II - Rental
- Two emergency contact names and phone numbers (other than parents)
- Parent’s work and alternate phone numbers
- Proof of guardianship (if child is not living with birth parents)
- Illinois Certificate of Physical Health Exam form (must be submitted before child can start school)*
- Kindergarten Vision Exam Form: due to the schools by October 15, 2016
- Kindergarten Dental Exam Form: due to the schools by May 15, 2017
*First Day Exclusion Policy
It is a requirement that all children entering Kindergarten have a physical exam form on file with their school prior to the first day of school. If the child’s physical is not submitted prior to the first day, the child will not be allowed to begin school.
Prior to submitting your child’s completed medical forms, parents are advised to make a photocopy for their records as copies will not be made at the schools or District Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the District 158 Registration Office at (847) 659-6147 or by email at email@example.com.