Kindergarten Registration Information for 2014-15
If you were unable to attend District 158′s Kindergarten Registration days in February, please come to the District 158 Registration Office located at 650 Academic Drive in Algonquin to register your child.
The Registration Office is open Monday thru Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The registration process takes approximately 30 minutes and we therefore ask that you please arrive no later than 4:00 p.m.
Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2014
Unless eligible for rights under the McKinney-Vento Act for homeless students, the following documents are required to enroll/register your student:
1. Official Birth Certificate - NOT A HOSPITAL CERTIFICATE
(Available from office in county where child was born)
2. Proof of Residency:
|Please provide the following:
||Please provide all of the following:
**Parents who do not provide this information cannot register their child for kindergarten.**
3. Two emergency contact names and phone numbers (other than parents)
4. Parent’s work and alternate phone numbers
5. Proof of guardianship (if child is not living with birth parents)
6. Illinois Certificate of Physical Health Exam form (must be submitted before child can start school)*
7. Vision Exam form (must be submitted by October 15, 2014) *
8. Dental Exam form (must be submitted by May, 2015) *
*First Day Exclusion Policy
It is a requirement that all children entering Kindergarten have a physical exam form on file with their school prior to the first day of school. If the child’s physical is not submitted prior to the first day, the child will not be allowed to begin school. A completed Vision Exam form and Dental Exam form must be submitted by the appropriate due dates as listed above.