Presenter: Heineman Middle School Teachers, Grade 6-8
- www.tenmarks.com (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)Ten Marks is an adaptive on-line math program that reverses summer learning loss. Based on an initial diagnostic assessment, students get personalized assignments to meet their learning needs that are automatically generated and graded, requiring no work or intervention from parents.
- www.glencoe.comReinforcement – Work on practices for the math class you just completed
Challenge & Head Start – Work on practices for the math class you will be entering
- www.aaamath.comComplete sets of problems to practice concepts you struggle with. Examples provided. Challenge yourself! Timed or untimed. Speed and accuracy. Get FAST with your multiplication and integer facts. It will make your life easier!
- www.khanacademy.orgVideo instruction and practices for every possible math concept!
- www.ixl.com Math practices to keep you fresh and in the zone!
- District 158 K-12 Summer Reading programThe goal is for all students to read a minimum of three books over the summer from the recommended reading list which will be available by June 1st on the main page of the District 158 website under Quick Links (www.district158.org)Some suggestions for parents: Have conversations with your child(ren) about what they’ve read, read the same books, set aside family reading time, read to your child(ren) and utilize the local libraries.
- Huntley High School summer reading expectation for
English 1 students. Summer reading must be completed by Sept. 6th, 2013.Students enrolled in English 1 are required to read:
The 6 Most Important Decisions You’ll Ever Make: A Guide for Teens by Sean CoveyStudents enrolled in Honors courses should read Ch 1-15 of
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- Students enrolled in Core English 1 should read
Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer.
- www.vocabulary.co.il/ Loads of popular vocabulary games!
ALL SUBJECTS, ALL SKILLS
OTHER SUGGESTIONS FOR SUMMER LEARNING
- Volunteer: Huntley Library, Huntley Animal Shelter…