Below you will find a list of important considerations for seniors prior to graduation.
Cap & Gown Pick-Up – April 23
Cap and gowns will be distributed during all lunch hours on Thursday, April 23. Early graduates: please follow the visitor policy when picking up your cap and gown.
Last Day of Classes
- Seniors’ last day of attendance is Friday, May 8.
- Textbooks must be returned by 3:00 p.m., unless the student is taking final exam.
- All lockers must be cleaned out by 3:00 p.m.
- Book Room (W1301) will be open during lunch periods May 1st-8th.
- Any outstanding textbook fines and Chromebook fines must be paid before graduation. Failure to pay all fines associated with the student account will result in student transcript being withheld until fines are paid in full.
- Specific information regarding the Chromebook return process will be released via email to students and parents.
The staff of Harmony, our award-winning yearbook, has already begun the process of putting together your child’s last high school yearbook. We’d like to invite you to join us in saying goodbye and wishing our seniors the best life has to offer with a personal ad placed in the back of the 2019-2020 yearbook.
The process for ordering a personal recognition ad for your senior is simple. Please click this link to access the website that will allow you to create your very own ad to honor your child, with pictures and a personal message created by you. Ad prices range from $200 for a full-page ad to $50 for a 1/8 page ad. The final deadline for ads will be Thursday, May 14th.
In addition, make sure your child orders his/her final yearbook before the May 22nd. Yearbooks will be available for purchase on Jostens.com. You can also search your email for a receipt from Jostens to verify whether you have ordered a yearbook yet or not.
*Note: Be sure the parent email on file at the district office is current — this is how your senior will be reached once the books arrive in the fall!
Additionally, if your senior has not yet completed the SENIOR YEARBOOK FORM (senior quotes, baby photo opportunity, and senior superlative voting)…please share this link (deadline is March 20th).
Final Transcript Request
- If you are attending a two-year college, four-year college/university or trade school in the fall, you will need to send your final transcript to that school.
- Final transcripts should be requested through Parchment.com.
- You may log into your Parchment account at anytime to order your final transcript. Be sure to select the option that reads “hold for grades.” Doing so will ensure your final transcript is sent out only after 2nd semester grades are final.
- If you have any questions about your Parchment account, please contact Parchment support services directly at http://support.parchment.com/. If you still need to create your Parchment account, please see your Student Services Pod secretary for assistance. Requests after August 1st will incur a processing fee.
Senior Final Exams
Seniors who need to take 2nd semester exams will do so on Monday, May 11th. Seniors may be exempt from final exams during second semester assuming the student meets the following benchmarks per class:
- Be Respectful: No ISS incidents, no OSS incidents
- Be Responsible: Cumulative average is greater than C- for individual classes
- Be Involved: No unexcused absences, 5 or fewer excused absences, 3 or fewer tardies to the class period during the semester
Any senior meeting these benchmarks in a class may be exempt from taking the final exam in that class.
- Seniors may choose to take exams even if they meet the exemption benchmarks in order to improve their grade.
- Seniors who are required to take finals will be notified by their teacher.
Please check back for more information on senior final exams.
Graduation Rehearsal at HHS is Wednesday, May 13 at 8:30 a.m.
This is a MANDATORY event. You must attend practice to be able to participate in the graduation ceremony. Here is a timeline of the events:
- An OPTIONAL Student Council sponsored senior class breakfast (donuts and juice) will be served at 8:00 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- Practice will start promptly at 8:30 a.m. with the class picture in the Central Gym. You will need to bring your cap and gown for the picture. Please label them as you will not get them replaced if you lose them at practice. Order forms to purchase this picture will be available.
- After the picture, we will move into the Field House to discuss the graduation ceremony and share other vital information. You will receive everything you need for graduation: Your graduation tickets, order forms for pictures and/or video of the ceremony, as well as a map of the NIU Convocation Center with detailed directions concerning parking, student drop-off, handicapped seating, and student line-up.
- Students who are not attending the ceremony can pick up their diplomas the week after graduation in the P-Z Student Services Pod.
Lunch Balance Procedures
Please see the below procedures for money left on a graduating seniors’ lunch accounts.
- If the balance is under $5.00 the student will need to pick up the balance from the cafeteria prior to their last day of school. (This year it will be May 6, 7, & 8th)
- If the balance is over $5.00 and the senior has a sibling/s in the district, the money is transferred to the oldest sibling’s account after the last day of school.
- If the balance is over $5.00 and the senior has no sibling in the district, the money is refunded to the parent on student account records, after the last day of school. (This can take up to 6 weeks)
- Please note: If you have auto replenish set for MySchoolBucks, please disable this function or your account will continue to replenish below the level you requested.