Spring is a time of celebration for graduating seniors, punctuated at HHS by a number of special occasions.
Senior Lock-in – April 12th-13th
We are so excited for our 3rd annual senior lock-in!! The lock in will take place April 12th-13th. The cost is $10 and will run from 10pm-5am. However, students may not leave early unless they have a guardian come pick them up (specific details to come closer to the event). Over the course of our night, we will have games, prizes, cookie baking, pizza, a hypnotist and more! The permission slip can be found below
Participants must complete the parent permission slip. Attendance may be denied at dean’s discretion.
For more information, contact Mrs. Avner at email@example.com.
College Apparel Day – April 23rd
College Apparel Day is April 23rd. Where are you going? Wear your college attire or some apparel showcasing what you’ll be doing/where you are going after graduation so we can update our hallway of graduates with your photo!
Make sure you wear your gear when you pick up your cap & gown!
Prom – April 25th
Prom 2020 Theme is Roaring 20s.
- Saturday, April 25th at The Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- Ticket prices are $125.00 per person and can be purchased online at https://www.myschooldance.com/ from March 16th to April 8th.
Arriving to HHS for Prom:
All students and guests who attend Prom are required to ride the provided coach buses to and from the site. No one using private transportation will be admitted.
- When arriving at the school, please park your cars in the student lot outside the PAC. All prom attendees should arrive to HHS no later than 5:00 PM to line up, buses will begin to load at 5:20 PM.
- Students will choose dinner seating assignments in the passive commons after ticket sales have closed during the week of April 13th.
- Buses will be chosen based on table assignments which cannot be changed.
- Starting at 3:30 PM the East Gym will be open for family, friends and Prom Guests to enter and take pictures. A red carpet will be laid out along the East Gym perimeter as well as Roaring 20s themed backdrops for pictures and socialization before students line-up for buses. At 5 PM all not attending prom will be asked to leave to ensure a timely schedule.
- If you have any questions regarding Prom, you may also contact Ms. Avner or see her at school in room E1004 or Ms. Fulling.
Please be mindful that all District policies regarding tobacco, alcohol and drugs are in effect during Prom. If a violation of District Policy occurs during Prom, parents are called to pick up the student at the Prom site. All students who attend Prom must be in attendance all day on Friday, April 24th.
Our goal is to make Prom a very enjoyable and safe evening. We are proud of the great attendance and conduct of our students who attend prom. Please help us ensure this event remains a positive experience for everyone. Any students wishing to bring a non-HHS student as their guest must complete a Guest Form along with all other forms available on the MySchoolDance website.
Graduation Rehearsal at HHS is Wednesday, May 13 at 8:30 a.m.
This is a MANDATORY event. You must attend practice to be able to participate in the graduation ceremony. Here is a timeline of the events:
- An OPTIONAL Student Council sponsored senior class breakfast (donuts and juice) will be served at 8:00 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- Practice will start promptly at 8:30 a.m. with the class picture in the Central Gym. You will need to bring your cap and gown for the picture. Please label them as you will not get them replaced if you lose them at practice. Order forms to purchase this picture will be available.
- After the picture, we will move into the Field House to discuss the graduation ceremony and share other vital information. You will receive everything you need for graduation: Your graduation tickets, order forms for pictures and/or video of the ceremony, as well as a map of the NIU Convocation Center with detailed directions concerning parking, student drop-off, handicapped seating, and student line-up.
- Students who are not attending the ceremony can pick up their diplomas the week after graduation in the P-Z Student Services Pod.
Senior Walk – May 13th
Following graduation practice, seniors will meet for the “Senior Walk” through the elementary schools in the district as a celebration of your accomplishment in Huntley Community School District 158 and as a motivator for our younger students to see the end result of their educational process in D158. Participation in this event is voluntary, but highly encouraged. Watch 2018 Video »
Students who participated last year really enjoyed the event and recommended the tradition continue. This is a great opportunity to see former teachers and celebrate your accomplishment together as well as see the excitement generated in our elementary school students! They view high school students as local celebrities and want to share their excitement for your accomplishment.
*A Google form will be emailed out as we get closer to sign up for the Senior Walk.
Senior Awards Night – May 6th
Senior Awards Night is Wednesday, May 6th at 6:30 p.m. in the East Gym.
Seniors and their parent(s)/guardian(s) will receive an invitation prior to the ceremony if the senior will be receiving an award, and an RSVP will be requested.