Incubator is a class open to sophomore, junior, and senior students, launching in Fall 2019.
(Prerequisites: 1 previous business classes that can include personal finance and/or Consumer Education OR Department approval)
This course is designed to prepare students to become true entrepreneurs.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Create and fully develop their own product or service
- Work with real-world entrepreneurs and business experts as coaches and mentors
- Go through the process of ideation, market research, and business plan development using the business model canvas approach
- Learn about marketing, accounting, human resources, as well as the legal aspects of running a business
- Present to a panel of potential investors, a la Shark Tank