Spring is a time of celebration for graduating seniors, punctuated at HHS by a number of special occasions.
Senior Lock-in April 12
Huntley High School will host a Senior Lock-in on April 12 from 10:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. for members of the Class of 2019. Students will enjoy events including Inflatable Jousting, Inflatable Obstacle Course, Hypnotist, Capture the Flag, Escape Room, Cookie Baking, and more. Space is limited, so students should check their email on March 22 for a ticket form. Tickets will be open until April 8.
Participants must complete the parent permission slip. Attendance may be denied at dean’s discretion.
For more information, contact Mrs. Avner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Apparel Day April 25
Where are you going? Wear your college attire or some apparel showcasing what you’ll be doing/where you are going after graduation so we can update our hallway of graduates with your photo!
Prom 2019 Theme is Golden Gala (April 27th)
- Saturday, April 27th at The Westin Chicago Northwest in Itasca
- Ticket prices are $100.00 per person and can be purchased online at https://www.ticketroar.com/ from April 1st to April 12th.
Arriving to HHS for Prom:
All students and guests who attend Prom are required to ride the provided coach buses to and from the site. No one using private transportation will be admitted.
- When arriving at the school, please park your cars in the student lot outside the PAC. All prom attendees should arrive to HHS no later than 5:00 PM to line up, buses will begin to load at 5:20 PM.
- Students will choose dinner seating assignments online during ticket sales.
- Buses will be chosen based on table assignments which cannot be changed.
- NEW THIS YEAR! Starting at 3 PM the East Gym will be open for family, friends and Prom Guests to enter and take pictures. A red carpet will be laid out along the East Gym perimeter as well as Golden Gala themed backdrops for pictures and socialization before students line-up for buses. At 5 PM all not attending prom will be asked to leave to ensure a timely schedule. This is formally known as the Promenade.
- If you have any questions regarding Prom, you may also contact Ms. Avner or see her at school in room E1004.
Please be mindful that all District policies regarding tobacco, alcohol and drugs are in effect during Prom. If a violation of District Policy occurs during Prom, parents are called to pick up the student at the Prom site. All students who attend Prom must be in attendance all day on Friday, April 26th.
Our goal is to make Prom a very enjoyable and safe evening. We are proud of the great attendance and conduct of our students who attend prom. Please help us ensure this event remains a positive experience for everyone. Any students wishing to bring a non-HHS student as their guest must complete a Guest Form, which can be found in any of the POD offices around the building.
Graduation Rehearsal at HHS is Wednesday, May 15 at 8:30 a.m.
This is a MANDATORY event. You must attend practice to be able to participate in the graduation ceremony. Here is a timeline of the events:
- An OPTIONAL Student Council sponsored senior class breakfast (donuts and juice) will be served at 8:00 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- Practice will start promptly at 8:30 a.m. with the class picture in the Central Gym. You will need to bring your cap and gown for the picture. Please label them as you will not get them replaced if you lose them at practice. Order forms to purchase this picture will be available.
- After the picture, we will move into the Field House to discuss the graduation ceremony and share other vital information. You will receive everything you need for graduation: Your graduation tickets, order forms for pictures and/or video of the ceremony, as well as a map of the NIU Convocation Center with detailed directions concerning parking, student drop-off, handicapped seating, and student line-up.
- Students who are not attending the ceremony can pick up their diplomas the week after graduation in the P-Z Student Services Pod.
Senior Walk May 15
We will again be coordinating a “Senior Walk” through the elementary schools in the district as a celebration of your accomplishment in Huntley Community School District 158 and as a motivator for our younger students to see the end result of their educational process in D158. Participation in this event is voluntary, but highly encouraged. Watch 2018 Video »
Students who participated last year really enjoyed the event and recommended the tradition continue. This is a great opportunity to see former teachers and celebrate your accomplishment together as well as see the excitement generated in our elementary school students. They view high school students as local celebrities and want to share their excitement for your accomplishment.
*A Google form will be emailed out as we get closer to sign up for the Senior Walk.
Senior Awards Night May 15
Senior Awards Night is Wednesday, May 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the East Gym.
Seniors and their parent(s)/guardian(s) will receive an invitation prior to the ceremony if the senior will be receiving an award, and an RSVP will be requested.