As part of our Parent University, we are pleased to offer an interactive webinar focused on child mental health and wellness. The webinar will be offered twice:
- Saturday, February 6, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 11, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
This webinar is targeted towards District 158 parents and guardians of students in pre-kindergarten through 5th grade. The goal of the “Addressing Mental Health in Younger Children” webinar is to provide parents and guardians with information and resources regarding:
- The difference between mental health and mental illness
- Healthy child development
- Ways to promote positive mental health
- The prevalence of mental health problems in children
- Signs and symptoms of a mental illness
- Ways to identify and manage a mental health crisis
- How and when to seek professional help
If you are interested in signing up for this Parent University offering, please complete this registration form indicating your date preference. Due to the sensitive nature of this topic and the personal discussions that may occur, we will try to keep these sessions small, and if necessary, offer additional training dates to accommodate all who are interested. Registration will close on Wednesday, January 27. Please reach out to Kat Romero (email@example.com) with any questions.