Asserting that today’s children are our future, the District 158 Education Foundation is committed to helping our students become the leaders of tomorrow.
About the Foundation
Through volunteer efforts and funding from individuals and businesses, the Education Foundation helps to inspire teaching and learning, by providing resources for innovative and creative instructional ideas that enrich and enhance the educational programs and opportunities for our students.
Established in 2003, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization operating independently from the Board of Education. The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of business and community leaders, parents, teachers, and staff members.
The Foundation gives District 158 schools the ability to offer opportunities and programs to students beyond those already afforded through District funding. Students benefit through the use of high quality, leading edge educational tools and programs. Teachers benefit by being able to enhance teaching experiences in their classroom. The Foundation is a powerful way for community members, businesses, and alumni to identify and fund learning experiences above and beyond those financed through tax dollars.
Why We Do It
- To inspire academic excellence for students at all levels.
- To cultivate collaboration and understanding of educational issues within the community.
- To encourage innovation and creativity, and to foster a love of learning.
- To assist the District in providing our students with high quality, leading edge opportunities using the most current learning tools.
- To promote District 158 as a center for community learning.
Contact the Education Foundation:
District 158 Education Foundation
650 Academic Drive
Algonquin, IL 60102
(847) 659-6107 ~ Email