The District has made the difficult decision to revise our initial plans and begin school in Fall 2020 in a modified remote learning model for all students. Please note the following details:
- All students will begin the school year in remote learning
- The first day of student remote attendance will be Friday, August 21, 2020
- This initial remote period will tentatively last through at least October 16, 2020, continuing indefinitely until conditions dictate it is safe to return.
- All teachers able will teach from school classrooms with full access to teaching resources and technology.
- A task force comprising members of District administration and representatives of the teachers’ union is working to craft plans for small groups to rotate in for limited in-person experiences throughout the remote period.
- Small groups will be limited to six or fewer and will prioritize students with special service needs. Details on small-group opportunities will be forthcoming.
- Conditions will be continually evaluated for the possibility of increased in-person experiences.
Please click here for a letter outlining full information about the shift (also emailed to all families).