Congratulations to the following students, whose written works were selected as winners of the Huntley 158 Young Authors Contest.
They will represent their schools at the statewide competition at Illinois State University in May.
- Olivia Archer, Leggee Elementary (Mrs. Neumann, 5th Grade): Random Poems
- Kevin Kapook, Leggee Elementary (Mrs. Lasiowski, 2nd Grade): Bob the Monster and His First Day of School
- Arianna Amador, Mackeben Elementary (Mrs. Hopkins, Kindergarten): The Magic Butterfly
- Isabella Fusco, Conley Elementary (Mrs. Busky, 3rd Grade): Ivy’s Adventure
- Ellie Armstrong, Marlowe Middle School (Mrs. Baltzersen, 6th Grade): What it Means to Bloom
- Kimberlynn Bjur, Heineman Middle School (Mrs. Smith, 6th Grade): Lost and Found
- Ava Burns, Martin Elementary (Mrs. Kunde, 4th Grade): The Girl and The Dream
- Keely Fewell, Chesak Elementary (Ms. Seamann, 2nd Grade): The Tale of Two Crayons.
The students will be recognized at the Board of Education’s April 21 meeting.